Options Program Inquiry
The Options Program provides students with intellectual
disabilities and/or delays an opportunity to become a part
of the Cathedral Catholic community. Students enrolled in the Options Program will become as fully integrated as possible into the total life of the school community through participation in general education classes and campus activities. The Options program also provides intensive, individualized instruction using research-based methodologies to maximize students’ potential. In addition a peer mentor program is utilized to help aide in this path of inclusion.
Students must demonstrate:
- The desire to grow closer to God by taking part in spiritual opportunities provided by school.
- A willingness and ability to participate in the rights and responsibilities of students as stated in the CCHS handbook.
- Minimum levels of academic achievement, which indicates success in past learning environments. These levels are reviewed by the Options Committee.
- Interest in the learning process, exemplifying curiosity and motivation.
- An ability to work in group situations with minimal distraction to themselves and others.
- Ability to independently perform all activities of daily living, such as toileting, dressing, washing, etc.